My wife and I are helping each other renovate and sell a second home. We are helping most people because we only have 2 hours from it. The renovations will be extensive – probably $ 250 – 300k, and involve significant internal structural changes.
We have been advised to hire an architect, which sounds sensible. We have started to talk to the realtor. I am asking Bogleheads for advice on how to choose an architect.
- What questions should we ask before hiring?
- What do you look for in the contract? What to make sure is included, and is excluded.
- How do we make sure the architect builds the right builder? We were told that there was a great deal of work to be done. However, the first one we have spoken to has a recommended builder. Should we care?
- How do we make sure the architect does the job correctly and manages the builder?
- Anything else you can think of
And if anyone can recommend an architect, builder or interior designer in Highlands, NC, please let me know.
Any help will be apprecited.
I did not find the right solution from the Internet.
Promo video company